Friday, June 19, 2009

Google @ The Speed Of Life

The most amazing thing happened to me today. I got an idea that I could freelance music and/or songs on the internet but how would I do it? Who would I contact? So I thought I would google it and see. And Lo and Behold, there are many freelance song writing sites and many people that have musical projects that they would be willing to pay to get accomplished. For years, I've thought that I should freelance music and now, thanks to google, I can.

Google has become THE search engine of all search engines. According to wordtracker.com, over the last 90 days, Google is the most searched keyword on the internet. That tells me two things: one, that most people like to use google and two, they don't use google as their homepage. So maybe Google doesn't do homepages well. But they have certainly cornered the market on the search engine of choice.

They have created a search engine that is so efficient at finding what we want that the word google is now a verb used commonly in our language. Want an answer, google it. Want to know how to do someting, google it. Want to see who else has done it before, google it. If you have an idea and you would like to see if it has been thought of before, google it.

In the eartly days of the internet, in order to track down something, it was better to be broad minded and search catagories or generalizations. Not anymore. Now, if you want to find something, you should be as specific as you possibly can when you search on google and, 9 times out of 10, you will get a list of websites. If you don't get a list, then you know that the thing you were looking for is waiting for you to introduce it to the web.

Thanks to Google's determination to be the best search engine, we now have the ability to create new products and services from just searching google to see if it has been done. There are other search engines but they don't satisfy our need for immediate answers as well as Google.com can. I cannot tell you how many times I've searched yahoo only to find that it was clueless. I finally quit trying and use Google.com exclusively for all my search needs.

So, Congratulations are in order and many thanks to Google.com for keeping up with The Speed Of Life so well that they've created a new genre of thinking, as well as changing the way ideas are formed. New products and services are generated daily because if you can't find it on Google.com, it hasn't been done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment